Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Touring Phuket with Ouii...

One of my most treasured days since arriving in the south has been going around Phuket with a random acquaintance of mine, name: Ouii. I met Ouii in a restaurant with Charlie. Charlie and I were splitting ways(he was going to Hat Yai for the weekend and I was staying in Phuket) and I was planning on just wandering around aimlessly when in walks Ouii. Charlie and Ouii are introduced by the restaurant owner and they break into thai(fluently of course). This whole time I'm doing what I always do... smile, laugh... nod... more smiling and generally act like I know whats going on. Somewhere in the conversation Ouii offers to take me around. Best luck I've had. He graciously showed me the south of Phuket island/province in one day.


We took all sorts of crazy back roads that were really fun... saw this sign...

...then saw...


Here is the first lookout that he took me to. No tourists... very nice...

Ouii himself...


Second nice lookout later in the day was at this alternative energy plant. Pretty cool.


The view was nice. There is Ouii. Never wanted his picture taken so I had to sneak it in.



The last place we went was called prom-tep. It is THE place to go if you're a tourist in Phuket Ouii said. This was the lighthouse at Prom-teep(the southern most point on Phuket island).


Back in Phang-nga, this was a nice afternoon kind of in the middle of my time here. Richard, my boss from BKK had come down to check up on us so we went for a nice dinner.


From left to right is Ann, Pin, Daniel, Brandon, Richard, Tim, Nit, and good ol' thumbs up Charlie(he likes to tell people what kind of mood hes in in every photo - most of the time its a thumbs up). My co-workers... Good people

No more updates for a while... but check back every once in a while...

:)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelvin said...

Hello from a blogger down under in New Zealand. I was surfing the blog world when your blog popped up. It's a great blog, well worth sharing so I have mentioned it on my blog 21 21 21 Blogs

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home