Monday, November 13, 2006

Picture Post 1 - I know its taken me some time but I've finally gotten my hands on some photos for your eager eyes back home. This is the 'jai-dii' Thai family that I have had the pleasure and good fortune to stay with for the last 2 months. They have adopted me until I return in March as well.
Here is the family photo. It includes everyone: Paw(dad), Maee(mom), Ya(Grandma), Po(Grandpa), Eet(oldest brother), Pook(sister), Pik(youngest brother), Den(the dog), and I.
My younger brother Pik. This is his glamor shot.

Another family photo. Don't ask what Den is doing. I'm pretty sure its just an optical illusion. Oh and yes that's Paw in the pink shirt and baby blue pants - and yes he is STILL the most manly presence in the coffee shop where all the REAL men meet in the morning to shoot the shoot... Everyone knows him and everyone respects him - because of his jai-dii, not despite his exterior... I love Thailand.

Here is a photo that is a bit clearer but without Paw. Ahh...

Pook's glamor shot.

Here is Nam-teuy and Pa-Won(Aunt Won) They are my neighbors who are(I think) related to my family. Nam-tuey is as naa-lak(cute) as they come and I pretty much adore her. She is always really quiet and kind and she has a cute little wai(the Thai greeting where you place your hands together palm to palm, thumbs below your nose to show respect and a whole bunch of other things). She puts her little hands together and gets whatever she wants(from me at least).

Moo Kata! The family fun activity which consists of barbecue-ing as much pork as you can eat - Read the "Katoeys in Paradise" post for more details. Its delicious and fun. Which makes for a FAB combination. Eet is explaining something to me and I am really trying to understand what it is. It's probably in Thai that I haven't learned yet(that's a lot). Pook is exibiting her charming "damn! its hot" face.

Eet's glamour shot... In this picture Eet had just returned from studing in BKK and we were all in the back of Paw's pickup going from 'paa-tee' to 'paa-tee'. Whooo-hooo. I'd be more enthusiastic if we hadn't done this every night this week. I like weddings but when you dont know anyone not even other guests it can be a little un-comfy.

This is one of my favorites. How confused do I look? This was my first interaction with such technology in a long time and you can tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home