Friday, February 09, 2007

The latest news from this half of the world:

I just finished teaching a Thapput Wittaya and my last day of teaching kids on Saturdays is tomorrow. Tomorrow night I will be getting on a bus up to the Big Kon-Krete(aka. BKK, aka. Bangkok) to visit some friends for a couple of days. I will be staying at my family's(Who I love dearly) place in Bangkok.

After a couple of days of goodbye parties and coughing up black nasty-ass Bangkok air(I call the phenomena the 'Bangkok Scratch') I will be hopping on a bus to Aranyapratet(on the border with Cambodia). I will stay in Aranya for roughly a night(with more friends of the family) and then I will be heading in to the great country of Camboge(if you look that up in a french dictionary, that translates to Cambodia)...

I'll be making a grand, epic journey through Cambodia that I will be able to tell my great grand-kids about, that is, if I have any kids(if not I'll tell YOUR great grand-kids). Oh, and I'll be burning up what little money I made while here in Thailand in the process but hey, we're talking the jungle temples of Ankor Wat or 500 bucks(which are you gonna remember?). And yes, mom, I will budget enough money to get back to America with...

When I return to the Thai side I will be visiting some friend in Isan for a couple of days and then heading south again in early March to hopefully go diving(or at least snorkeling) in the Similan Islands National Park(a top 10 dive site in the world). I will then 'Sawat-di' (say goodbye to) my fantastic family with a big hurrah on March 14th.

My flight home is on March 20th from BKK to RDU. Strangely enough I will be leaving Bangkok on March 20th at about 9am and I will be arriving to Raleigh at about 11pm(with a total travel time of ~24 hours - tell me how that works and I will give you a cookie)...

Anyhow, I am missing the heck out of you all. I am preparing myself for my return.

I flipped through some photos of people back home and I'm itching to get back already. Not so sure I'm ready to go back to school, but maybe I wont worry about that right now. I'm certainly more ready now than I was 5 months ago...

Keep a date free on your calendar for me. March 25th...

I will do some updating in the next few weeks so do check back in from time to time... Marvelous... Indeed... Deeeeelightful...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home