Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Things have hit a routine here. I'm not a big fan of routine but I suppose I'm in Thailand so thats not very routine.

I just finished Nick Hornby's A Long Way Down in 36 hours so I feel pretty good about that book and it's author.

The next day I started Hornby's How to Be Good and 114 pages in it looks like a winner as well(but not by the same margin). A few months ago I read Hornby's High Fidelity and that was a pretty fantastic read(about 72hrs for that one - I slept a lot more). I should note that Morgan Dibble put me on to this guy and he is partially responsible for this blatant, free of charge, promotion.

So, you can see, that I get to do a lot of reading nowadays. Most of my time at work I am still planning lesson plans but I have rediscovered the invention of the internet and all the teaching resources available up there (fo' fiiii!).

I went on a short vacation with my Thai mother to Koh Rawa (Rawa Island) last weekend. It turned into a bit of a gambler's paradise for my mother and her co-workers. I, in the meantime, was out daydreaming/sleeping on the beach(it was a beatiful, but rocky, beach). We(two of the men and I) who were not playing cards went out at night in a long-tail boat to go fishing.

We caught nothing but I saw my first ever moon-rise. It was spectacular. The moon is bright red at the horizon and slowly goes to yellow, and then to silver, right before your eyes. All in contrast to the dark lightless sky - its an unforgetable experience.

There were also these mega-planes going over our heads almost touchably close. They were all headed to Phuket airport. Though some (all) of you might know this, airplanes have headlights - bright ones... We were caught in the blinding lights at one point and I wanted to surrender my body for alien testing then and there.

It was really surreal - no light pollution at all except maybe a little coming off of Phuket and these huge planes just coasting around in the starry, dark sky above me... Oh and the funky moon...

Anyhow, thats it for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home